Application and Entry Requirements
For the 2019-2021 intake application period to be considered for MU scholarship is open until January 15th, 2019.
Second round of applications only for self-financing students is from May 1st to July 15th 2019.
How to apply?
The application process for the TU Darmstadt requires that all students register and complete an application form online. The online application for international students is accessible through the following link. For the candidates holding german degree, the online application is accessible through this link (please select the programme „International Cooperation in Urban Development (Master)“.
Applications received until the 15th of April will be considered for Mundus Urbano Scholarships (on the online portal, please choose 'yes' for the question that asks whether you apply for a scholarship). See Important notes below for more information on scholarships.
Along with documents enclosed with the TU Darmstadt application form (transcripts, degrees, etc.), please also provide us with:
- Statement of motivation (max. 2 pages) detailing: assessment of previous academic focus, previous work experience and its relevance to the Mundus Urbano course, the benefit that the course may contribute for your future career, your preferred choice for second year mobility, short overview on how you plan to finance your studies.
- List of publications (if any)
- Proof of nationality (scan/copy of passport)
- Reference names and contact data (optional)
- Proof of professional or academic work experience and length
Please submit your hardcopy with the necessary certified copies to the International Admission Office office at the following address:
Technische Universität Darmstadt
Zulassung International / International Admission
S1|01 R109 – 115
Please do not send original documents. A certified copy is a copy (often a photocopy) of a primary document, which has on it an endorsement or certification that it is a valid and true copy of the primary document. Such certification is provided and signed by a nominated person or institution, authorised by legislation to do so. The authorised person/institution varies between countries, and can be, for example, a court clerk, solicitor, or public notary.
You are also required to prepare an electronic version of your entire application by scanning your documents and compiling them into one single PDF file (family name_name_country of origin). This electronic version of your application must be sent to mail(at)mundus-urbano.eu.